-->

Friday, June 6, 2008

PLCB Raises Advertising to a new, and lower, level

Well, I signed up to have the PLCB tell me more about the great deals they have, so I get emails from them - my fault I know. With eager anticipation I click and review the selections - $90, $50, $75, and yes, $150. It doesn't matter what they are, I am not buying a $90 bottle of wine for dinner tonight. But wait, let's click further and see if there are more reasonable suggestions you know, bargains. Nope, not there either.

Since it's not against the law to receive emails from wine retailers in other states or even the internet, and I do. Here I find some real people can afford with bottles priced between $10-25. Deals. Something I can afford to sample tonight.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are some deals in PA. A few. I found a Chianti Classico Riserva for $11.99 in West Chester. But I have to really look for this stuff (I have other posts about trying to find anything in these stores). And once they're gone - forget it. No more. Not even the same wine for the next round. One of my favorites, the Luna Canto, was on sale last year, wonderful, round, mouthfilling wine with spice and tobacco...just amazing with dark chocolate. Gone. Their merlot is here, and I'm sure it's ok, but the Canto. Nope.

But the advertising for expensive stuff, very few people can afford, continues. Here is one I get from Frank's in Delaware which makes more sense.

Wine on!

1 comment:

Joe Roberts said...

Try asking them about finding some of those wines, as well.

Should only take you several hours, speaking to someone with no wine knowledge, and result in a frustrating experience that makes you wish you had the power to somehow get back the time that they took off of your life speaking to them...

Wine Reviewed in PA