-->

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wine Spectator 250 under $20

Wine Spectator has come out with their list of top values for under $20. Of course you need to subscribe or buy the magazine. However, just to prove a point, I am doing a little research to find these value wines at the State Store - sorry - PA Wine and Spirits. While I did find a few of these, availablity is still limited to a few stores.

Here are a few I've found:
- Bodega Norton, Malbec Lujan de Cuyo Reserva, 2005
- J&F Lurton Malbec Uco Valley Reserva, 2005 (Berwyn)
- Mollydooker Shiraz South Austrlial The Boxer 2005
- Mollydooker Two Left Feet South Australia, 2006
- Chateau St. Jean Fume Blanc Sonoma County 2005 (Widely available)
- Seghesio Sonoma County Zinfandel, 2005
- Cline Zinfandel, 2005 (Widely available)
- Jean-Louis Chave Selection Cotes du Rhone Mon Coeur, 2005
- Erath Pinot Noir Oregon 2005

In my brief bit of research, I noticed that the wines that are not widely available seem to be more available in the Pittsburgh area. I would love to go on about my disdain for this unbelievably archaic system, so maybe in a later post I will.

No comments:

Wine Reviewed in PA